Wednesday, August 31, 2011

CITY of one night.odt CITY of one night no angels in sight


CITY of one night
no angels in sight

POEM


CITY of one night
no angels in sight
eye left my friend to worry for himself
as eye made my way up a street which suddenly filled up with people too many on a late night eye judged myself in need of sleep and space to lay by myself my worry had come from the SIGN SIGN EVERYWHERE A SIGN posted on the building where WE were sleeping on the ants when eye noticed FOUR new sign posted no trespassing and no loitering it seemed to eye for us for me at least they would not do it to a TEXAN son. He elected to stay under the threat of arresst eye left eye searched for another place to sleep on my own again. Eye will always remember my friend but his name was never mentioned now even the table where we sat together is gone from the lieberry as iff they knoe we parted company today. He has chosen not to return to this lieberry and so eye pen this reluctantly GOODBYE my friend eye was not leaving you only the area which was sign posted. Eye walked into a iffy area the street was filled with a parked car the man doing things to a woman in the dark in the alley there was love to some a certain false security not understanding there was someone there behind him he did not miss or stop his function. The Man who was stuffing his shirt into his pants looked like an off duty policeman and he ignored me and hotfooted off the property eye began to edge off the property myself not sure how many people were now involved. Eye went back to the street making sure eye was not followed in the dark eye spent some time near the fenced in area of the parking lot then left in search of a place to sleep denied by barking dogs eye moved once more the hedge hid me from the street the COP CAR stopped he looked directly at me they got those glowing sensors now he knoes where people are. Eye let him see my face how haggard eye have become in these short days of missing my Friend now and he must have felt sorry for me it was past midnight and eye got up and moved twice more. The man inside the house who yelled at me WHAT ARE YOU DOING OUT THERE should read my poetry. So out to the street for the nearly last time eye found the place eye was finally looking for. The other homeless people sleep there in plain site and eye went around to the side but stayed out of the back the fence is open the gate a jar and there eye crashed until 3 45 the sky fooled me the long time eye had been resting became only a few hours now eye sat down at my Star Bucks hotspot where a man on a bycycle told me YOU meaning EYE did the right thinking thing by leaving the friend in the posted sign area. ABSOLVED of guilt eye carry my luggage and quiver in love. COffee was so good. My google reader told me just now the space probe is looking at us how tiny an earth and moon eye imagined eye could see it with my supervision out the lieberry window and eye smiled. Tommorrow is another try. At friendship and at love. NOt quite so sorry now. 

No comments: