Monday, July 4, 2011

4THofJulyJesus


4THofJulyJesus
Jesus walks on the sidewalk with me in the heat but he dont feel it he drinks the shade from every side street he notices the homeless on the bus stops the bus not running on the holiday is here they pass out drunk waiting for the ride home that never comes the police drive by tooting the buzzer horn not wishing to arrest no one on the Fourth of July Jesus walks on the sidewalk with me he notices the smell of the sewer CRACK he says and eye smile they must be smoking them pipes underground this City has a system for the coming Storms to Drain the Mary Jane stinks like weed it is coming from the side street Jesus walks with me on the sidewalk sniffing at the shade the heat melts my fingers on the tape eye twisted it around the shopping cart handle so eye can hold on and steer this thing is full of wonderful things. My heart lays in the shopping cart. Jesus walks on the sidewalk with me looking at the people passing me most of them strangers using drugs and Jesus smiles. He sees them users as real people not just Devils in disguise. Jesus walks past me on the Sidewalk seeing the person of the wino around the corner eye did not see him as eye went inside the store to get my coffee is so good now its so hot eye have to sip it Jesus saved the wino from my cart full of surprises as eye round the corner past the wino fading in my distance eye only noticed how dirty his clothes were even his tennis shoes he was nursing one bottle of beer like it was the only one he will ever have eye suppose someone gave it to him for the Fourth of July and Jesus loved him as we both came passing bye. While Jesus smiles CharlaX cries.

No comments: