Monday, November 16, 2009

SONNETT88

 

SONNETT88


LXXXVIII.
When thou shalt be disposed to light mye fire at night;
And place my feet in the eye of delight,
Upon thy side against myself I'll Play it Pianissimo

And prove thee morals virtuous, though thou art love foresworn. With mine own weakness, being best acquainted with mye own things of lusting,
Upon thy ALimony I can set down a story sell it for the money then apply it to the remnant,

Of faults concealed, wherein I am attainted for bye necessity I hide my play from public eyes for all illegal;
That thou in losing me behind the curtain shalt win the much moore glorius love.
And I by this will be a regainer too and also;
For bending all my loving thoughts on self while pity sakes has asked you not get bent,

The injuries that to myself I do in stimulation artful emulation,
Doing thee vantage in imitation of thy parte, double-vantage me with mye parte so long.
Such is my love entrusted, to thee I so belong as unto selfe,
That for thy right thing myself will bear my own thing all wrong.



No comments: