Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oz


Oz

Os I stood in my ruby red slippers

staring hard in my seashelled mirror

eye fell into those big brown eyes

amid losing all track of time

I pressed harder absentmindedly

upon my tube of shaving paste

looking down on mock horror at the mess

running down both legs was shaving paste

into all my cracks and crevices

between my toes and filling up both socks

this happened back in sixtyfive

near the time that eye was homeless for the very first time

Since then I have never changed my socks at all

I had no reason I can find to mess with them

the toes

the toes are petrified no longer white

before this happened I was a normal man

Before the yellow brick road began

and took me into the wilderness

with GODS shaving paste

as Grace in all my cracks and crevices. 





No comments: