Monday, November 9, 2009

SOngFesteyeville

SOngFesteyeville



There is a house in New Orleans

When i was 15 years old i could play the organ solo
They call the Rising Sun

we did not knoe what a whore house was

back then we were too young
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy

i had a farfisa organ once they repossesed it

cause i could not make the payments
And God I know I'm one

the only one the tailors son

My mother was a tailor

momma had a Singer sewing Machine

i drove her crazy and made her too nervous

every time she used it
She sewed my new bluejeans

yeah yeah yeah
My father was a gamblin' man

actually he was so tight he dropped a quarter once

and stepped on my little hand when i tried to pick it up
Down in New Orleans

I went there BEFORE the HUrricane and once after

I saw the damaged houses

Now the only thing a gambler needs

besides a bottle of drunk
Is a suitcase and trunk

we carryed the arkansas back packs
And the only time he's satisfied

satiaeted and full of hot dogs
Is when he's on a drunk

many people even the young boys

drank too much way back then

------ organ solo ------

Oh mother tell your children

this still applies today
Not to do what I have done

may GOd FOrbid them
Spend your lives in sin and misery

when I was old enought

i had plenty girlfriends
In the House of the Rising Sun
i always thought it was Japenese
Well, I got one foot on the platform

i walked down highway 95 in the pouring rain
The other foot on the train

always i was alone with my thoughts
I'm goin' back to New Orleans

someday
To wear that ball and chain

when monkeys fly

Well, there is a house in New Orleans

the NEW NEW Orleans after the clean up
They call the Rising Sun

im sure there is one there now
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy

most definitely
And God I know I'm one

the only one the tailors son.

No comments: