Friday, August 28, 2009

L.WilliamsParodayToday


L.WilliamsParodayToday


L.


How heavy do I journey on the way,
When what I seek, is rest for my rear end,
Doth teach that ease and that repose to sway,
'Thus far the miles are measured from thy perch on stool of toad!'
The beast that thus I carry, tired with this my added woe,
Plods dully on, to bear that weight upon my backside,

As if by some instinct the wretched butt did know
His rider loved speed moore hurry, being left now far away from thee.
Out Out brief candle of this mule gone mad';
That sometimes anger swiftly spurs into his hide,
Which heavily he answers with a braying laught,
More sharpe to me than tickeling to his side;
      For that same groan doth put twain my mule mye mind,
      My grief lies onward with my love and my joy is mye behind.


-*-

No comments: