Wednesday, August 12, 2009

XLIV. Iff the fire inside my heart of flesh were stoney rock

 XLIV. Iff the fire inside my heart of flesh were stoney rock



Igneous stone should burst into flame my way;
Formed in outer space I would be landed like a river fishe,
From outre limits far remote, where she doth stay.
No matter then although a merman feet did stand
Upon the farthest planet remov'd from rings of Saturnal;

For mermaids thoughts can jump both land and sea scrolling
As soon as think the place where merman I would be.
But, ah, thought kills I that I am not who or eye the lidded twitched,
To leap tall buildings of miles in that superhuman leap out yonder sille,
But that, so much of earth and water wretched out of skye,
I must attend time's leisure with my play actress mobile phone;
      Receiving nought by elements of so slow a ring tone
      But heavy burns, badges of either's fires of flames.

A mermaid with her merman sings.

No comments: