Thursday, September 3, 2009

HighNooN



HighNooN


CharlaXParodayofMovie 


Gunnslinger lifted up his glass He stopped and stared hard at the clock upon the wall of the bar stool under him his back so straight no fear upon His face but it was hot in this place. His forehead beaded sweat He streached his hand He lifted up his drink again this time He drank. Here is what He said inside his head His thoughts spilled out spelled out for us for having read. I am fast I am a lawman come to bring lefty back to justice. My holster is not new but old and oiled, the tie down on the trigger hammer pulled back to keep to keep the gunn from blowing off my toe. I am old, but so is he and slow is what they are telling Me.  He shoots too wide can't hit what he is aiming at the barn door closed is safe no bullit holes or splintered jamb no battered loft above the door. I drank the whisky neat and quick so that it did not touch my tongue don't like the taste of it in a hurry now to get the JOB done. The CLock says one minute till HighNooN. I stepped into the street He came out of the sun. My back was to the shadows waiting paitently as he slowed in front of me I saw him Cheat and that surprised me he was using his right hand was closer to his gunn. I saw surprize inside his mind when My bullit smacked into his gullet he dropped his barking gunn for I have won. The Train ride home the casket of this man I shot my badge was earned but no ones knoes the secret cost this Lawwman's work is done.


No comments: