Thursday, October 15, 2009

TheDevilsNephew

TheDevilsNephew


CharlaXProsePoetry

He stood there a Tall drink of water his Mall for driving spikes was in his hands, I had just got threw telling him that I did not want to think of him as a human being because he drinks more beers then me, and I had never seen him sweating. He laughed his smile he told me thats because I have a girlfriend she drinks most of the beers I buy. I was wringing wet. My jumpsuit was clinging to me too, wet to dry properly all summer long even in this summer sun the foreman was a Cowboy. It was so hot humidity and temp was hot. Everytime I pulled a shovel of that miry Red Clay from underneathe that Railroad Tie and sailed it off my shovel full to the side of them long tracks, He smiled his laugh. A foreman to the corps. You are leaving another dead Indian out there. I almost cried. Too proud to Quit just because I was working for the Bosses Brother In Law. I tamped some more Rocks certain that iff I got bigger ones large enought the gravel would finally break the Tie one day. The other workers noticed this Both Black men semi retired most all of Seventy Five. One of them took my shovel from my hand. He pointed too the smallest Gravel he could find you fill your shovel with this smaller stuff we aer tamping Ties not Rocks. This JOB was tought. I kept on tamping the larger stuff the Rock was meant to build my strength up after all I was now digging up them Indians from underneathe them Ties. I was strong and tough working in that Summer Sun was fun. Sweating out them beers I drank too much at night. Back to the track. The foreman slapped his Mall on the rail having warned us first he was still the White man after all. The Plates fell off the bolts where he had used the torch let go the Rail was twisting like a noodle does one end still a noodleing attached to bolts still placed on plates. The Rail almost got me  but just missed what can I say it was a Good Lord Day. I saw him cringe for all his tough ways he thought that Rail had GOT me. He hurried over to where I was still prancing on each foot a little dancing side to foot in place to avoid the Railroad Rail, still somehow moving like a Snake. He smiled his laugh at me, Why arent you hurt then he said this Let me tell you BOY, these Rails soak up some heat is why they twist like that when I cut them bolts off with this Acytelene Torch of Bosses. It was a nightmare in your Daytime, for I am the Devils Nephew. I just dragged the new Rail into place and fit the longer bolts in twisting them both back out into the bucket and finding two more old ones much shorter that would actually fit them plates I took my Railroad Wrenched and twisted them no trace of sweat at all the jumpsuit now a Uniform I was still thankfull for a JOB, still working for my Absentee Boss and this Foreman He had hired his sisters Husband my Bosses Brother-In-Law, the Devils Nephew. We never whistled out there on them Tracks while we were working on the Railroad.


No comments: